Tuesday, March 15, 2011

An Arabian Crescent

StumbleUpon


Arabian Crescent - Threadless T-shirts, Nude No More
Lunar Landings

I haven't submitted a design to this snazzy site in a while, but I had an idea that I had scribbled on a Post-it a while back that kept nudging me to get drawn. My sketchbook's starting to pile up with a few-- I just need to make time to flesh them out. Thanks to ole pal and shirt designer extraordinaire, 'polynothing'(Josh) for some advice on this design~

Drawing some inspiration from Treasure Planet, and some deeply geeky conversation about planetary orbits with an engineer friend, I wanted to depict an impossibly neat looking gravity situation. The crescent moon is prevalent throughout Middle Eastern design, so I thought some Agrabah-ish architecture would work.

Click on the link above to vote for me! Thank yous :]

.....
And now, a word from our process gif :

Kinda looks like an album...

2 comments:

VALERIE A HOOK said...

Thats beautiful

Mai Kemble said...

this is awesome... I like the video... :)
I think you left the original on my desk... hee hee...

I should sell it for a ransom's price!!
muahahahaha